Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Watercolor canvas demo

After drawing out my basic outlines, I put in the first wash of color on the water and the sky. Permanent rose and prussian blue.


Next i put in the distant mountains.


Third step was blocking in the closer shorelines. Prussian blue and burnt seinna for the second point, and then yellow ochre, burnt sienna and a touch of sepia for the closer shorelines and rocks.






Next I started working on the water. I scrubbed out the lighter areas and then dropped in the darker areas.Still prussian blue and permanent rose.


You can see the mountains need adjusting, the clouds need adjusting. I worked on those issues and dropped some more color in the closer shoreline.


This is where I've left off for now. I hope to have it finished by the end of the week. Today is class and hopefully we'll get the river painting done and start on something else. No class last week, snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment