Monday, November 8, 2010

Introduction

I recently turned fifty and thought to myself, so now what? We've shut the business down to almost nothing. no more fishing trips this year, no company this winter. I have time! Time to get back to my art work. For my birthday I bought "Charles Reid's 10 Lesson Course" on watercolors, lovely. Excellent DVD and I am learning ton's and remembering ton's! This is the style I think I want to work towards, so loose and colorful.

As another challenge to myself I've signed up for a class on watercolor canvas, taught by Marcia Bellowe. So different then working on paper. I'd never heard of the product until I saw it in the class catalog. It was the only painting class during daylight hours so I signed up. Now I need to figure out if I can bring that loose, colorful style to the watercolor canvas.
 

It is not as pink as it is showing up on here. Over all I'm pleased with it considering I haven't painted on a regular bases for the last 15 years.




Here's a closeup of what can happen with watercolor canvas.

It's a little blurry, more practice with the camera is needed. I had to fix the shape of the balloon, you can see where the paint lifted. Also I had some green on my hand and that transfered to the painting. I'll try to fix both issue's.

No comments:

Post a Comment